The UK leaving the European Union creates a series of challenges and opportunities for businesses of all sizes. This event, delivered in partnership between East Midlands Chamber and Invest Ashfield & Mansfield, will help businesses understand all the very latest implications. And we’ll also help you develop strategies for how you can best respond to Brexit.
What’s on offer?
On the day, there will be some insightful presentations with Q & A sessions. Not only that but there’ll also be a range of support agencies on hand, including the D2N2 Growth Hub who will be taking bookings for 1:1 follow-up Brexit Support Clinics.
As a result of attending this conference, you will gain the following benefits:
- Understand how best to prepare and protect your business in relation to the impact of Brexit
- Opportunity to “ask the expert”
- Networking and sharing best practice
- Meet support organisations and book 1:1 clinics with D2N2 Growth Hub
- Registration, refreshments and networking
- Welcome from Councillor Jason Zadrozny, Leader of Ashfield District Council and Kate Allsop, Executive Elected Mayor of Mansfield
- Welcome and overview of Brexit Support Services – Fardad Amirsaeedi, Senior Regeneration Officer – Enterprise and Investment, Invest Ashfield & Mansfield (IAM)
- Update on changes to immigration law after Brexit – Thalej Vasishta, Group Chief Executive Officer, Paragon Law
- Changes in tax and VAT in light of Brexit
- International trade after Brexit
- Close from host
- Networking and a chance to meet the exhibitors
Further information and registration
This event will run from 8:30am to 11:30am on Tuesday 26 February at the Summit Centre in Kirkby-in-Ashfield. While this is a FREE event, we only have a limited number of spaces available. So don’t delay, book your place today. Furthermore, we will give booking preference to organisations based in either Ashfield or Mansfield.
If you’re looking for more information and support about Brexit, there are a number of events coming up that may be of interest, particularly from the Chamber. Find out more. In addition, there is an online tool that provides tailored information for your business. Find out more. Furthermore, we will shortly be launching our very own Brexit mini-site. We’ll let you know once this is live.
Don’t forget that we list a number of different business events on our online events calendar. What’s more, you can keep totally up-to-date by subscribing to our monthly e-newsletter and following us on social media. Find out about all the different ways you can stay in touch.