It is critical that employers, employees and the self-employed take steps to keep everyone safe.
Help stop the spread by:
- Controlling the number of people in your premises and ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Maintaining adequate track and trace information.
- Providing adequate hygiene of premises – hand sanitising points for staff and customers and extra cleaning.
- Where possible, implement measures to minimise contact – table service, use of apps, pre booking of customers, contactless payments.
- Ensuring staff who are ill or have been in contact with people who are ill stay at home and get tested.
Follow the latest Government rules on being COVID-secure (opens in new window).
From 18 September, Fixed Penalties can be issued to businesses who fail to comply with Test and Trace data collection requirements. Data should be captured and stored in line with GDPR requirements and retained for 21 days to support the NHS with contact tracing. An example of what to collect includes; name, contact number, date of visit, arrival time and if possible, departure time.
For more information take a look here