Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 members, Innovation Nottinghamshire, continue work to install the latest digital connectivity to support around 40 businesses based in the Worksop Turbine business centre, their work to create a new Digital Innovation Centre in the building has already started supporting local students and business innovators. Early activities have included:
- piloting a new 5G Career’s programme with over 200 students at Vision West Notts college
- trialling augmented reality headsets connected to a 5G network for Nottingham-based developers Gooii Ltd
- supporting a Worksop based virtual reality company with their plans for global expansion
- connecting a Nottinghamshire virtual reality start-up company with the county’s existing business support networks
- developing a trial demonstration for a digital signage innovation created by a local innovator
- collaborating with developers of an innovative smart parking solution to reduce carbon emissions
- creating a new model for monitoring energy usage as part of the University of Nottingham’s post-graduate programme
- providing games and app developer internships for Nottingham Trent University’s ‘Future You’
- providing a development base for the county’s 5G Connected Forest project.
If you have a great innovation you’d like to showcase or to find out more about the Digital Innovation Centre and how it could support you or your business – contact Nick Mellors at the centre through https://worksopturbine.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/digital-innovation-centre/ .
The creation of the Digital Innovation Centre is sponsored by Nottinghamshire County Council with funding from the government’s Getting Build Fund delivered by D2N2.
← Back to Business News