Leading in Challenging Times, Thursday 25 June 15.30 – 17.45
The current pandemic has brought with it many different challenges and businesses within our region have undoubtedly felt the impact. On Thursday we will be holding a free ‘Leading in Challenging Times’ webinar so that you can hear how others have successfully overcome different business challenges, leaving you inspired to move forward during in these testing times.
Our speakers include:
- Manisha Mistry, Head of Digital Culture at R2 Data Labs, Rolls Royce. Manisha will share her experiences of supporting others within the organisation. She will discuss why we need to value our people and support their wellbeing, helping them to find creative solutions in challenging times.
- Luke Parker, Managing Director of Acres Engineering will offer inspiration on how to make staff health and wellbeing a priority within your organisation, based on the steps taken by Acres Engineering. He will also share insights into how the business pivoted direction, to help support the pandemic.
There will also be an opportunity to attend one of three short break-out sessions, led by our University experts to find out how consideration of these topics could benefit your business in transitioning into the new normal.
- Strategic Planning and Risk Management
- Improving Performance of Business Operations
- Leadership Skills in Challenging Times
For more information on the speakers and details of the event, please visit our website.
The Big Conversation, 7 July at 1 – 2pm
In challenging times, collaboration between organisations is especially important. It can help businesses to pivot, provide innovative ideas and create new opportunities. The first of our brand-new webinar series will consider how the coronavirus pandemic has made it more important than ever to find alternative collaborative models that are more responsive, flexible and even virtual. The session hopes to bring inspirational ideas on how to overcome collaborative business challenges and seize new opportunities.
Join our expert panel from the University of Derby and the British Academy of Management to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on models of interfirm collaboration and understand how these models may change in the future. Book your place or find out more here.
This virtual event will share approaches to decarbonisation, as well as tools, techniques, and best practice across different sectors. A range of experts will share insights into the latest innovations in decarbonisation, strategies for sustainable growth, and highlight the business support currently available for SMEs including energy efficiency grants. We hope you can join us to share your experiences, network and learn new skills to support your business’ decarbonisation practices. For more information on the speakers and details of the event, please visit our website.