The business world is experiencing radical changes as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. All of us are coming to terms with the fundamental changes it has brought to our ways of working, our businesses, lifestyles and families. The University of Derby remains as committed as ever to supporting our business community. In response to feedback we have received, we have developed a package of free online support providing an opportunity for you and your staff to refresh skills and update knowledge in an easily accessible and convenient way. Subject areas we will cover over the coming months are detailed below, please follow the course links for further information.
University of Derby Advanced Skills Programme
All courses are fully funded through the European Social Fund, aimed at SME businesses in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire but open to all. Book spaces or register your interest in future courses by contacting email@example.com.
Click on the course title for more information:
Online webinars available now
Short (c. 2 – 2.5 hours), live, interactive sessions
- Strategic Marketing in a Digital Age; split over two days
- 30 June & 8 July, both sessions 2pm-3:30pm
- Women in Leadership
- Workplace Wellness; split over two days
- 8 & 12 June, times TBC
- 22 & 26 June, times TBC
- Performance and Development Management; split over four days
- 2, 5, 10 and 12 June 11am-12:30pm
- 5S – The Secret to Productivity and Efficiency
- 3 June 10am
‘Self-guided’ courses available now
Learn at your own pace over two weeks, followed by an online Q&A session with the course leader.
- New Leadership for Modern Business
- Course information and introductory video to be sent on application. Q&A session to follow
- Developing a Strategic Mindset
- Course information and introductory video to be sent on application. Q&A session to follow on 21 May
Inspired Business Podcast
Bringing you engaging and inspiring stories from across the Midlands business landscape and beyond – talking to a selection of guests we explore their business journey, discussing the issues affecting business and providing key insights from our guests for you to take away. We give you the opportunity to learn something new. Across the series, we will cover topics such as leadership, the environment, big data, performance sport and more. You can subscribe to Inspired Businesson Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Podbean.
- Business Strategy and Risk Management
- Project Management for Business
- Building a Business Case for Sustainability
- Selfies, Social Media and Marketing
If you would like to talk to us about any challenges you are facing and how we might be able to support you, please do get in touch.