|Nottingham Business School are running two 3-day courses in September that focus on women in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who want to progress into senior or leadership roles.
The course – Managing and Leading People in Organisations – is fully-funded and aims to provide an understanding of how to manage continuous professional development in order to be an effective leader, and to enable the achievement of career goals.
The courses are run from 10 am – 4 pm each day and will cover the following topics:
· Creating a supportive environment to focus on practical issues facing women in SMEs
· Exploring gender differences in leadership tendencies, and how these impact how women lead
· Developing an understanding of effective leadership and management strategies and styles that support employee engagement and performance, individually and in teams
· Understanding management and leadership issues and trends in organisations
· Developing effective learning strategies in order to achieve your career objectives
· Developing the ability to use reflective practice to improve your performance and continuous development
· Understanding how to identify ongoing development needs for continuous career management.
This Course has been run in Nottingham and is coming to Mansfield. It will be held at Vision West Nottinghamshire College and will run on three non-consecutive days to meet the needs of those who aren’t able to attend three consecutive dates. All of these days must be attended:
· Wednesday 18 September 2019
· Wednesday 2 October 2019
· Wednesday 16 October 2019.
Book you place now at: Request a place.
Who is eligible to take part?
Most women employed by small and medium businesses in D2N2 (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire) are eligible for support.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are defined as having less than 250 employees and:
Companies must be based or registered in the D2N2 area for employees to qualify for support.
For more information
These courses are delivered through the Priority Skills for D2N2 SMEs project, which is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
If you are interested in accessing this support or would like to know more, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0)115 848 8899.
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Women in Leadership